Monday, January 12, 2015

Shopping game



What do you do with your kids when they come home from school? What do you do if your kids are different ages?
I came up with an after-school game that can be used for kids of different ages.
I wrote a "shopping list" that goes like this:
5 blue
The child needs to go around the house and find 5 blue objects and place them in their shopping bag.
For my 2 year old, I only wrote the number and drew a blue circle. For my 5 year old, I wrote the number and the word for blue with some missing letters she had to fill in.
I gave each child the same colors but different amounts.
When they were done shopping, I placed some color cards on the floor and asked them to sort their "groceries" by color. Then I asked my oldest one to find out how many objects of the same color they had found. In order to do this, I wrote on a piece of paper the number of objects of, say, red, that her sister had to get and she added her amount from her shopping list and wrote the sum. We did this for every color.

No comments:

Post a Comment